Keeping up with celebrity stylists online is one of the best ways to get us motivated and inspired! Watching their careers play out on instagram and beyond is a great way to gain insight into trendsetters and trade secrets too, so check out some of our favorites worth following below…
- Adir Abergel — When he’s not following A-list actresses like Emilie Clarke or Bryce Dallas Howard around the globe on press tours to keep they’re hair looking gorgeous, celebrity stylist Adir Abergel can be found back home in Los Angeles working on awesome editorials. Also among his “besties” are Reese Witherspoon and Maria Sharapova, who you’ll also find plenty of behind the scenes posts of on Adir’s instagram. We love following Adir to see his glamorous jetset life, discovering far off places and taking notes on the looks he creates for the stars. Above all, his ultra positive attitude shines through all his posts and inspires his followers. You can find him on Instagram @hairbyadir.
- Kristin Ess — Kristin made a name for herself as Lauren Conrad’s personal hairstylist, and since launching The Beauty Department has become a bonified hair guru. Her styling and color expertise are creating some serious hair envy across the internet. But she’s not stingy with her knowledge, sharing her how to’s to beautiful braids, impeccable updos, and superior haircare. She also shares here favorite finds on her frequent travels! Follow her at TheBeautyDepartment.com and @kristin_ess.
- Ted Gibson — New York based celebrity stylist, Ted Gibson, has adorably named his impressive entourage of clients “Gibson Girls.” Among them are Anne Hatheway, Brie Larson, Deborah Messing, Gugu Bathraw and more, with whom he shares snaps of himself hard at work behind the scenes of photoshoots and festival red carpets. But Ted treasures all his clients equally, often sharing transformational snaps of ordinary salon visitors. We also enjoy his snapshots from day-to-day life as a salon owner and style guru appearing regularly on TV. Follow him across the web @tedgibsonbeauty.
- Rubi Jones — Rubi Jones quite literally wrote the book on good hair. The Art of Hair is her DIY guide to braids, buns, curls and more and is making making the world a more beautiful place one hairdo at a time. We love Rubi’s posts from New York fashion week, discovering her inspirations, and little snapshots from her life as a stylist and working mom. Follow her @rubi_jones on Instagram.
- Mark Townsend — Mark Townsend never stops, living out of a suitcase to bring his hair magic to red carpets around the world. Chances are some of his recent red carpet looks on Dakota Johnson or Rachel McAdams are already on your pinterest boards. His goofy interludes and and regular Hepburn inspiration posts are also some highlights on his feed. Follow him at @marktownsend1 to keep up with his work.